Herba Sarcandrae (Zhong jie feng, Cao shan hu, Sarcandra glabra): Sarcandra has been used traditionally to disperse pathogenic wind and remove blood stasis. Modern studies have revealed its antitumor properties.† It was shown to modestly inhibit the growth of the implanted S180 sarcoma or HepA tumor in mice and prolong their survival. When administered together with chemotherapy drugs like CTX, 5-Fu, ADM or radiotherapy 60Co, Sarcandra can increase their antitumor efficacy in the range of 11.17% to 39.80%. In a small clinical trial of 14 acute leukemia patients with Sarcandra, 4 patients had a complete remission and 6 a partial remission. Relapse was observed after the withdrawal of Sarcandra. No significant side effect was noticed during the trial. In a separate trial of 373 patients with various late stage tumors using Sarcandra, 53.9% patients showed improvement, of which 15.7% showed marked improvement. Among the types of tumours that better responded to the treatment are of the origin frompancreas, colon, liver, esophagus, and leukemia.1 †
Herba Scutellariae Barbatae (Ban zhi lian, Portulaca grandiflora): The Chinese herb Ban zhi lian has been long used to treat various tumours in Chinese Medicine. In recent years it has been shown to inhibit the growth of several lines of tumour cells in implanted mice and in petri dish. In clinical studies, Chinese herbal formulas that include Ban zhi lian as a major ingredient have been used with various successes in treating many types of malignant tumours in liver, stomach, colon, lung, esophagus, and breasts in Chinese hospitals.2 † For example, in a trial involving 136 breast cysts, 44 (32%) showed remission, 42 (31%) marked improvement, 30 (22%) improvement, 20 (15%) had no improvement. No significant side effect was noticed. In USA, a Ban zhi lian herbal preparation is now being approved by FDA for phase II trial of stage IV metastatic breast cancer, as reported in a Oct 15, 2007 Time magazine article.3 In an earlier trial, 21 stage IV metastatic breast cancer patients were treated with Ban zhi lian. After about a year, 25% of the patients showed stabilization in their disease for 90 days and 19% for 180 days.3 †
Herba Salviae Chinensis (Shi jian chuan): Salvia chinensis is another Chinese herb that is often used in Chinese herbal medicines for treatment of tumours in China. It is normally included in combination with other Chinese herbs. The types of tumours treated include liver, stomach, colon, lung, esophagus, and nasopharynx. For example, in one study of 158 late stage stomach cancer, one Salvia chinensis-containing herbal formula was used along with chemotherapy for 1 to 2 years, the 3, 5, and 10 years' survival rate are 41.07%, 30.36% and 12.5% in the first group of 56 patients, and the 3 years' survival rate is over 50% in the second group of 102 patients with the best result seen in the combination with 5-Fu chemotherapy.†
Semen Coicis Lachryma-Jobi (Yi yi ren, Job's tears, semen coicis): Coix is a maize-like seed traditionally consumed in China and is often a component of antitumour Chinese herbal formulas in China. A Coix preparation named Kanglaite is now among the best selling antitumour drugs in China. The Coix preparation has been approved by FDA for a phase II trial to test its efficacy in treating non-small-cell lung cancer in USA.Studies have suggested that the Coix preparation may enhance the efficacy of chemotherapy and reduce side effects such as fatigue, nausea, and hair loss, as discussed by a Science magazine news focus. 4 †
(Case reports are provided to have a better understanding of the product. Please be aware that the info was received from acupuncturists/ Chinese medicine doctors and was not reviewed by FDA. Drs. Gu from California and Lei from Arkansas contributed to the cases).†
1. Female breast cancer patient, 45 years old. Blood test indicates a tumour cell index was as high as 22. Patient came to my office for TCM treatment because she does not want to go through surgery and chemotherapy treatment. I prescribed Tumoclear tablets for her to take orally and provided acupuncture and Qi-gong treatments. Her tumor was reduced in size significantly and the tumour cell index went down from 22 to 8. She has not undergone the excision surgery to date. Her condition is under the control completely.†
2. Late stage lung cancer patient, Female, 70 years old. Patient was diagnosed to have only 3-month time to live by Western medicine doctors.She had to take morphine to reduce the agonizing pain but with unsatisfactory results. After visiting our place, taking Tumoclear tablets and receiving acupuncture and Qi-Gong treatments, she reported her pain was reduced greatly. Tumoclear does have the analgesic and stabilizing effects. The patient eventually died after 9 months. Her family was grateful that her pain was reduced and she passed away very peacefully.†
3. Male patient, with metastatic Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma spreading to the brain. He was diagnosed by Western medicine doctors to have a 6-month survival time. Prescribed a large dose of Tumoclear from the start of the treatment. It has been more than two years since and his tumour is under control. He has been taking Tumoclear continuously under my supervision.†
4. Female patient, 20 years old at the time of visit, had Pharyngeal cancer. Patient had gone through chemotherapy but the cancer relapsed. She had a whole body edema, accompanied by the jaundice. Prescribed Tumoclear at large doses from the start of the treatment in conjunction with Guang Ci Tang's Qin Dan Hua Shi Pian. Also provided acupuncture and Qigong treatments. Now at age of 24, her tumour is completely under control.†
5. Male, 45-year old, with pancreatic cancer. He had gone through chemotherapy treatment for approximately half a year without achieving apparent results. The size of the tumor was not reduced and at about 1.5cm. After coming to my clinic, she had since stopped the chemotherapy. Prescribed Tumoclear and Reishi (Ganoderma japonicum) in conjunction with acupuncture treatment. After three weeks treatment, the tumor had been reduced in size from 1.5cm to 0.3cm.†
6. Female, 55 years old, with metastatic lung cancer spreading to the cerebrum. She did not undergo chemotherapy or radiotherapy and instead chose to receive TCM treatment at my clinic. Prescribed Tumoclear and Reishi (Ganoderma japonicum) in conjunction with acupuncture treatment. After five weeks treatment, the brain tumor had disappeared from a size of 0.9cm at the onset.†
Zhang Y. et al., Studies on Parmacology of Sarcandra glabra. Chinese Journal of the Practical Chinese with Modern Medicine, 2006 19:1839
Zhu Y. et al., Journal of Emergency in Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2006 (5):533
Carr C., Can Ancient Herbs Treat Cancer? Time 2007 Oct 15. Link
Normile D., The New Face of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Science 2003 299:188.
| Herba Sarcandrae|
Herba Scutellariae Barbatae
Herba Salviae Chinensis
Semen Coicis Lachryma-Jobi
Herba Hedyotis Diffusae
| (Zhong Jie Feng)|
(Ban Zhi Lian)
(Shi Jian Chuan)
(Yi Yi Ren)
(Bai Hua She She Cao)
(Qi Ye Yi Zhi Hua)
Guang Ci Tang® Tumoclear™ (Kang Zhong Pian) 40 grams in 200 mg 200 tablets @ 5:1 strength.
At a true 5:1 concentration, one tablet is equal to 1 gram of raw herb.
Tumoclear™ is a Guang Ci Tang signature formula.
Tumoclear tablets are made with 100% natural herbs that are tested for authenticity, quality, and potency. A traditional water decoction is prepared with the herbs to reproduce the time-tested efficacy of the formula, and this water decoction is concentrated with our proprietary technology to form a potent extract that is made into easily absorbed tablets, which are remarkably effective, easy to use, and safe. The tablets are produced by Guang Ci Tang® in our state of the art cGMP-certified facility and imported in accordance with U.S. FDA guidelines. When you choose Guang Ci Tang® products, you are taking advantage of a wonderful fusion of science and tradition that incorporates the highest standards in the field of Chinese medicine today.
Check for an independent US lab test report.
Guang Ci TangВ® Advantages
Effective. Safe. Affordable
- True 5:1 concentration
- Double the strength of other brands
- Minimal or no fillers and binders
- No pharmaceuticals, sugar, or dyes
- Comprehensive lab testing (e.g., heavy metals,etc.)
- Made in a cGMP certified facility
- Unbeatable value
- Safely used in the USA since 1995
The dose may be doubled for a quicker and stronger response as needed (e. g., in an acute phase or with heavy body weight).
We suggest to take 6 bottles for the first regimen, which lasts about 2 to 3 months.
Side effectsTumoclear may occasionally cause loose stool.
AllergyTumoclear™ is gluten free
Strongly suggest the use under the supervision of your physician or acupuncturist.
Keep out of reach of children.